Saturday, March 3, 2012

Maul In the Maul Prep Tourney



Well Bear Cubs, I played in a Maul in the Mall Prep tourney this morning, and did I have a blast! For those of you who don't know, the Maul in the Mall is an annual tournament put on by Dicehead Games of Cleveland that I have been going to since 2004. It is a lot of fun, and really what got me into playing in big events/tourneys across the state. Anyway, this year's Maul is March 24, and will be at Bradley Square Mall in Cleveland, TN. It's an 1850pt tourney, and should be a blast. If you live in the area, or even if you don't, you should come on down and meet Da Deff Komp'ny Krew.


Anyways, today was a dry run, where we tried out all the MITM missions, which can be found HERE. I have been tinkering around with my Space Wolves, and have come up with a list that I am very happy with. Having never played in an 1850pt tourney before (MITM is usually 2000) I was slightly nervous about how my list building would fare.




2000 Pts - Space Wolves Roster
Total Roster Cost: 1850
 

Arjac Rockfist
8 Grey Hunters Pack

...Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Meltagun
...Drop Pod

Lone Wolf in Terminator Armour
...Combi-Meltagun, Chain Fist


4 Wolf Guard in Power Armour
...Combi-Meltagun, Power Fist
4x5 Grey Hunters Pack
...Meltagun
...Razorback

......Lascannon and TL Plasmagun

Rune Priest in Power Armour

...Chooser of the Slain
3x6 Long Fangs Pack

...Lascannon x2, Missile Launcher x3


The tournament was a Power Armored affair, with only 2 armies not rollin with the 3+. The army breakdown was;


Space Wolves - 4
Grey Knights - 1
Imperial Guard - 1
Eldar - 1
Blood Angels - 1
Chaos Space Marines - 1
Dark Angels (DW) - 1


As it all played out, I played Space Wolves in every round, going 2-0-1 and tying the Grey Knight player for 2nd, with the Guard taking the top spot. Overall, the list played well, and I will be using the basic format in my 2000pt list from here on out. 


On a somewhat unrelated note - I Has Thunderwolves!!!11!!11!!! Picked up a box of TWC and Fenrisian Wolves while at Dicehead, so I will be doing a model breakdown/painting overview later on. Till next time, Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment