Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Flyers!!!





Well, isn't this exciting, The "summer of flyers" has finally come! The Grizz is mighty excited about it! From a coolness standpoint, I think GW did a great job, with all of the flyers having a cool and unique look befitting the armies to which they belong. I must say, though, that my Orks got the best deal, getting a 3 flyer kit, and some pretty cool rules to boot! My personal favorite is the dakka jet, moving 12" and firing 9 twin linked S6 shots (18 when you WAAAGH!!!). I have one on order and may grab a second if there is one!

On a somewhat related note, I played in an ATC practice tourney Saturday, going 1-2-0 with a 4 wagon Ghazghkul list. I had some terrible pulls, facing an all night/doom scythe army first and a dual wolf lord/dual twc list 3rd. My list I ran---


Boss Grimgor Skulskragga's Deff Komp'ny

Total Roster Cost: 1997

Ghazghkull Thraka
Nobz . . Cybork Bodies
. . Painboy
. . Nob . . Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga
. . Nob . . Waaagh! Banner, Power Klaw, Slugga
. . Nob . . Big Choppa, Slugga
. . Nob . . Big Choppa, Twin Linked Shoota
. . Nob . . Choppa, Slugga
. . Nob . . Ammo Runt, Choppa, Slugga
. . Nob . . Eavy Armour, Choppa, Slugga
. . Nob . . Power Klaw, Slugga
. . Battlewagon . . Armour Plates, Deff Rolla, Grot Rigger, Red Paint Job, Big Shoota x2

Big Mek . . Eavy Armour, Kustom Force Field
18 Shoota Boyz . . Big Shoota x1
. . Boyz Nob . . Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga
. . Battlewagon . . Armour Plates, Deff Rolla, Grot Rigger, Red Paint Job, Big Shoota x2

19 Shoota Boyz . . Big Shoota x2
. . Boyz Nob . . Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga
. . Battlewagon . . Armour Plates, Deff Rolla, Grot Rigger, Red Paint Job, Big Shoota x2

19 Shoota Boyz . . Big Shoota x2
. . Boyz Nob . . Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga
. . Battlewagon . . Armour Plates, Deff Rolla, Grot Rigger, Red Paint Job, Big Shoota x2

10 Gretchin
. . Runtherd

Deffkopta . . Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha, Buzzsaw

Deffkopta . . Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha, Buzzsaw

Deffkopta . . Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha, Buzzsaw

I think this list would perform very well against standard build Wolves, razorspam, and parking lots. Mobile/skimmer/flyer armies, on the other hand, neutralize it pretty easily. The deffkoptas were practically useless, and I found myself hurting for some range. I will be play testing the Dakka jet, and may throw in some lootas for good measure. We'll just have to see how we do!

Well it's good to be back, hope all is well, till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment