Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Great Time to Start Tyranids...



Just my luck. So, I have started my Tyranids, as all of you know. One thing you may not know is how much of the range is blisters. Venomthropes, Zoanthropes, Tyrant Guard, Hive Guard, Hive Tyrants, Lictors, Piovores, Broodlords, all these things are pewter, with all but the Tyrant coming in blister packs. Now the thing about Nids is, if its good enough to have 1 of them, its good enough to have 3 of them. Problem is, each blister is between 20-25 bucks. You know that 3x Brood of Venomthropes you need? Yup, $60. Now, this I can accept, as this is an expensive hobby, but now bigger problems loom over the horizon. 


As many of you also know, metal is on its way out, with currently no plan to replace it. Awesome. So yeah, those 6 hive guard I need? Not only is it gonna run 120 bones, its also gonna be a wild goose chase to find. Sometimes I just look at GW and go, WTF? As a 5th year Business major, graduating next weekend, sometimes i just have to shake my head at GW's business model. I don't know if it is a cultural thing or what, but man those Brits do things very different than we do. I mean, who cancels such a large part of their sales/production and has no secondary plan in place?


God Bless the 80's
The sad part is, there are armies that are worse off than Nids. The Eldar will have zilch when it comes to HQ's, Aspect Warriors and the like. And what will new Tau players do without any broadsides? Maybe I am being a little over the top, but it just irks me. I have no problem with them dropping the metal and going to a cheaper material, but to stop production without first having that material ready to go and take pewter's place? To quote the great Charlie Daniels, "I ain't nothin' but a simple man, They call me a redneck I reckon that I am. But there's things going on that make me mad down to the core."


On a different note, got one of my Trygon Primes painted, thought I might show him off a lil bit










So what do y'all think about the pewter switch? Good, Bad, Indifferent? And how did the Prime turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment