Thursday, March 17, 2011

Proving Ground

One of these days...when I get my big boy job...
Tonight, our new gaming club is meeting to get some games in and such. I am takin the Chaos to give them a trial run, see how they do, and then make my decision on Saturday. The List;


-Abaddon
-7x Plague Marines
---2x Plasma, 1x Champion w/ combi plasma & PF
-Land Raider
---Daemonic Possession, Dozer Blade


-Daemon Prince
---Wings, MoN, Warptime


-Greater Daemon



-7x Plague Marines
---2x Plasma, 1x Champion w/ combi plasma & PF
-Rhino
---Dozer Blade, Extra Armor

-7x Plague Marines
---2x Plasma, 1x Champion w/ combi plasma & PF
-Rhino
---Dozer Blade, Extra Armor

-7x Plague Marines
---2x melta, 1x Champion w/ combi melta & PF
-Rhino
---Dozer Blade, Extra Armor

-7x Plague Marines
---2x melta, 1x Champion w/ combi melta & PF
-Rhino
---Dozer Blade, Extra Armor

-2x Oblits

-2x Oblits

2500pts on the nose

Cause Pimpin Ain't Easy.
Basically, I wanted a tough list, so the Followers of Nurgle was an obvious choice (not to mention that I have like 50 of the little buggers, so may as well use em!). I split melta/plasma that way I could take whatever comes at me. The Land Raider/Abaddon/Plague squad is gonna be a rock hard scoring unit/deathstar killer. The MoN/Warptime Daemon Prince w/ wings is one of my favorite units in the game, as it can move quickly, do some serious damage, and with a T6, he can take it to, all while rerolling to hit/wound.

I haven't used the Greater Daemon much, so this will kinda be a new addition. With the stat line of a DP, the ability to cross the board safely (staying in reserve, popping out of squad) all for 100pts + the cost of the Champ. Not too shabby. All anchored down with 2 squads of 2 Oblits. In my experience, 4 oblits is a good number vs. points cost. They always deal the damage and are mega survivable with a 2+/5++ and 2 wounds. More would be nice, but 4 is a good amount.

I think that at 2500 points you can eliminate alot of Chaos's weaknesses. You can take a pretty good amount of shooty, while having a pretty high model count army at the same time. Hopefully this will translate into wins on the table. Tonight will tell me a lot, and I will share my success/failure tomorrow!


Comments/Criticisms welcome? How do you think Papa Nurgle's minions will fare?

No comments:

Post a Comment